Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Saturday 15 March 2014

Porsche sees solution 'shortly' for 911 GT3 engine fires

Porsche said it's close to fixing a fault that has caused two engine fires in 911 GT3 sports cars.
''We know the reason and the problem-solving measures,'' CEO Matthias Mueller said today. ''We're testing them.''

Porsche plans to announce the technical solution ''shortly'' and will first inform customers, he said.

Porsche recalled all 785 of the GT3 version of the 911 from the current model year in February after the vehicles caught fire following engine failures. The carmaker took the rare step of requesting that owners stop driving the 137,300 euro car pending repairs. No accidents or injuries were tied to the incidents, it said at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.