Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Sunday 10 August 2014

Lexus celebrates the first NX of the line in Japan.

The arrival of the first NX with UK customers is a little closer following the official start of production ceremony at Lexus’s Miyata plant in Japan today.
Lexus has already taken 6,500 orders for NX in Japan, with many more globally. Over 350 UK customers have submitted their orders for NX 300h, and deliveries commence in October.
While the Miyata plant has responsibility for finished vehicle manufacturing, the neighbouring Kanda engine production plant has had a new lease of life thanks to the start of NX production.
Following the decline in the global car market after 2008, production was reduced at Kanda with the shutdown of one of its two production lines. Today the second line returned to life and will supply the new 2.0-litre petrol turbo unit for the NX 200t variant. Lexus expects this engine to be popular in the US and Chinese markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.