Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Thursday 28 February 2013

New driver added to Mclaren GT 2013 season


McLaren GT continues preparations ahead of the 2013 season with the announcement that Northern Irish racing driver Adam Carroll has joined the team as a factory driver for the 2013 season.
30-year old Carroll made the move to GT racing last season, contesting select rounds of the Blancpain Endurance Series. This followed on from a successful career in single-seat racing, where he contested the highly competitive GP2 championship, and was also crowned 2009 A1GP World Champion.

Andrew Kirkaldy, Managing Director of McLaren GT is excited by the latest addition to the ranks of works drivers: “I am really pleased that we can add someone with Adam’s calibre to our factory driver programme. He showed great promise last year in the races he took part in, and he has adapted well to GT racing after a very strong career in single seaters.”
Adam added: “I would like to thank everyone at McLaren GT for this great opportunity to become a McLaren factory driver. I am very proud to race for such a great name and team, and I look forward to the future ahead.”
Carroll joins Britons Rob Bell and Alexander Sims, along with Portuguese driver Alvaro Parente as a factory driver for 2013. His race plans for the season will be confirmed shortly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.