- On sale now, priced from £19,200 to £27,855
- Provides best-in-class combination of versatility, cabin space & accessibility
- Utilises new EMP2 platform & weighs up to 110kg less than its predecessor
- Delivers record low CO2 emissions from just 98g/km & fuel economy up to 74.3mpg
- Light, airy & uncluttered cabin has more glass surface than any other model in the segment
- Five-star EuroNCAP safety rating
The New Citroën Grand C4 Picasso stands out as the most practical, the most versatile and the most elegant product offering in the seven-seat compact MPV segment.
In terms of design, the model features a pioneering balance between best-in-class interior space and engaging exterior styling – all combined with record levels of efficiency and ‘Créative Technologie’.
- A loft-inspired interior delivering an uncluttered feel & best-in-class comfort for all passengers
- Technologies for well-being, including a 7-inch Touch Drive interface combined with a HD 12-inch panoramic screen
- Innovations for an increasingly user-friendly drive, including an all-new 360˚ Vision system
- A balance between ride comfort & road-holding that sets a new standard compared with the previous generation – thanks to its electric power steering system & optimised suspension.
Although the latest model is virtually the same length as its predecessor (4.59m), the EMP2 platform has allowed Citroën’s engineers to extend the wheelbase to 2.84m (the longest in the category) to provide;
- Class-leading cabin space in rows two & three
- Enhanced access, especially to row three through optimised rear door apertures
- An extra 56-litres of useable load space (632-litres VDA) & 793-litres with row two seats in their forward position.
Weighing up to 110kg less than its forerunner and with CO2 reduced by 30g/km on average, the New Grand C4 Picasso’s enhanced aerodynamics and optimised engine range deliver CO2 emissions from just 98g/km with a class-leading combined cycle fuel economy of up to 74.3mpg (e-HDi 90 Airdream ETG6).
The reduced weight, lower centre of gravity and enhanced design also create a new balance between comfort and road holding for improved driveability, greater safety and unequalled comfort on board.
Space and versatility are the key reasons for choosing a seven-seat compact MPV. The specific requirements are for up to seven seats and a large boot (when in five-seat configuration), but without the sheer size and expense of a larger MPV or full-size people carrier. Affordability and value for money are important, so buyers in this sector expect low running costs and a high level of driver and passenger comfort. Exterior styling and technology are also important.
The New Grand C4 Picasso will appeal primarily to families with two or more children, ranging from younger families with babies to those whose children no longer live at home full time. Buyers have practical requirements, but also value the attributes mentioned above – this applies to both retail buyers and business users.
STYLING & DESIGN
The New Grand C4 Picasso blends Citroën’s distinctive styling with ground-breaking proportions. The modular EMP2 platform extends the wheelbase considerably, which at 2.84m is now 11cm longer than the previous generation.
This intelligent architecture has increased the cabin and boot capacity, and reduces the front overhang by 11.6cm, making it the shortest in the class. The engine bay and floor are lowered (by 50mm for the engine and 20mm for the floor), and the tracks have been widened (by 82mm at the front and 31mm at the rear).
The sleeker, more dynamic, next-generation Grand C4 Picasso stands apart from the five-seat model thanks to a series of sophisticated styling features;
- The side view achieves its distinctive silhouette thanks to a new integrated roof bar design. This ‘signature’ highlights the spacious interior and the large window area. The model’s athletic design is accentuated further by the sculptured design of the flanks of the car
- The front end showcases Citroën’s new identity with an assertive flowing design and chevrons that extend outwards to curve around the LED daytime-running lights. The sleek headlights sit just below the LEDs, which contribute to a distinctive high-tech appearance
- The rear LED lights feature a 3D effect with an innovative, deep-set design offering a refined take on futuristic styling cues. The rear design is enhanced by a wraparound tailgate conveying all the robustness and capacity of the boot, which opens to reveal a broad and easy-to-access load area.
The New Grand C4 Picasso is available in the same eight body colours as the five-seat New C4 Picasso and all versions are fitted with alloy wheels as standard, with a range of original designs from 16 to 18-inches.
The uncluttered interior of Citroën’s New Grand C4 Picasso was designed with a loft-style feel in mind.
The standard-fit panoramic windscreen and optional large glass roof bathe the cabin in natural light – New Grand C4 Picasso has more glass surface than any other model in the segment at 5.70 square metres.
At night, white LED lighting (on the ceiling, backlit storage spaces, trays on the front seat backs, and inner door handles) further enhances the sense of well-being by creating a cosy and intimate ambience.
Citroën’s attention to detail and choice of materials is reflected within the loft-style design, making the quality of finish on board the New Grand C4 Picasso amongst the very best in class.
The asymmetrically designed dashboard subtly blends the different colours and materials. Satin chrome and gloss inserts further enhance Citroën’s stylish touches and particular attention has been paid to the door panels that have been designed with an original laser-engraved pattern on the trim inserts.
Alongside the loft-inspired cabin, passengers also benefit from;
- Asymmetrically designed upholstery on the front seats to give the appearance of a bench seat or sofa
- Row two is home to three independent seats with sliding bases & tilting backs
- And – unique to the segment – dedicated air vents for passengers in row three.
The New Grand C4 Picasso creates a new architectural benchmark thanks to the new EMP2 platform. Combining a sleek design with intelligent architecture, the rear wheels have been moved back by 55mm (compared to the five-seat model).
New Grand C4 Picasso features optimised dimensions (4.59m L, 1.83m W, and 1.63m H), an 11 metre turning circle and is easily adaptable to accommodate all customer needs;
- The model can carry up to seven people with a third row comprising of two folding seats
- Provides a load length of up to 2.75m with the front passenger seat folded down flat
- Boasts the most spacious rows two & three in the segment along with maximum leg room for occupants (knee room of 217mm in row two & 108mm in row three)
- Has the most accessible row three in the segment & the longest row two seat moving adjustments
- The widest boot in the category with 1.17m between the wheel arches
All row two seats feature fore/aft sliding adjustment, ‘cinema mode’ (seat base in upright position) and load cover panels on the seat backs. Access to the rear-most seats is made effortless by an innovative, one-handed operation, tilt and slide mechanism on both outer row two seats.
With the individual flat-folding row three seats stowed away and with concertina covers in place, the cavernous boot can swallow 632-litres (VDA) of luggage – or up to 793-litres with row two seats in their forward-most position. Folding both rows of rear seats flat provides an impressive 2,181-litres of useable stowage.
Access is made easy thanks to the wide opening wrap-around tailgate design, large unimpeded aperture, the absence of a lip and flat load floor.
The New Grand C4 Picasso also features a wide range of convenient and practical storage spaces such as the lit compartment in the centre of the dashboard, which contains an audio jack and USB port.
Alongside the removable console between the driver and passenger seat on ETG6 and automatic versions, there are easy-to-reach compartments under the front seats. There are also trays on the front seat backs, complete with LED lighting and storage straps, and under-floor compartments in row two.
With air-conditioning as standard, plus the addition of automatic digital control with dual-zone temperature settings for VTR+ versions and above, maintaining a comfortable temperature for up to seven passengers is easy. Row two passengers can benefit from independent fan speed adjustment for the rear air-vents, whilst row three is available with a ceiling mounted ventilation unit.
COMFORT & ROAD HOLDING
Driveability is a key strength of the New Citroën Grand C4 Picasso. While maintaining the recognised comfort of its predecessor, the new-generation vehicle is easier to handle and more manoeuvrable.
The vehicle’s reduced weight, lower centre of gravity and design elements like the vertically positioned shock absorbers, combine to create a new balance between optimum comfort and enhanced road holding.
Acoustic and vibration comfort are also remarkable thanks to an electric power steering system that minimises vibrations transmitted from the road to the steering column, damping of the front subframe to limit road noise and a new dual-material acoustic shim on the rear axle.
Most of these improvements were made possible by the new EMP2 platform.
DIGITAL DRIVING INTERFACE
New Grand C4 Picasso’s clean and uncluttered dashboard features two fully digital displays – a 7-inch touchpad and a 12-inch panoramic HD screen – creating an intuitive and stylish driving interface.
The standard specification 7-inch touchpad, with seven touch-sensitive buttons around the outside, puts all the in-car functions such as dual-zone air conditioning, navigation, audio, telephone and driving aids, within easy reach.
The 12-inch panoramic HD screen can be configured to display essential driving information and can show data for either the navigation system or other driving aids, such as the active cruise control. There is even the option of changing the screen’s backdrop with a personal photograph using a USB key.
Helping driver and passengers to stay connected at all times, Citroën’s new Multicity Connect option is a portal of connected applications controlled by the 7-inch touchpad. All the available apps are fully integrated within the driving interface and factor in vehicle information such as fuel and speed to bring drivers relevant information at the right time to help them plan ahead.
EASY & RELAXING
Alongside functions such as keyless entry and start, reversing camera and electric tailgate, Citroën’s New Grand C4 Picasso features a range of innovations to make driving easier and more relaxing, including;
360° VISION, an exclusive feature in the segment for Citroën that uses four cameras to give the driver a bird’s eye view, rear view or panoramic front view through the integrated 12-inch screen.
PARK ASSIST, which provides automatic assistance when manoeuvring into a tight space, whether parallel parking or reversing straight back. All the driver has to do is manage acceleration and braking.
CLASS-LEADING EFFICIENCY & PERFORMANCE
The new EMP2 platform means the New Grand C4 Picasso is at least 100kg lighter than its predecessor, contributing to a reduction in CO2 emissions and an increase in fuel efficiency. Reduced further is the weight of selected e-HDi 115 versions, which are 110kg lighter than the equivalent models from the previous generation.
The new platform combines aluminium and steel alongside a composite rear floor to reduce the vehicle weight by 60kg. The new body style, with its optimised dimensions, balances the use of new materials – including an aluminium bonnet and composite tailgate – to reduce the overall weight by a further 40kg.
The reduced mass, enhanced aerodynamics and an optimised engine range significantly cut fuel consumption and CO2 emissions – on average by 30g/km compared to its predecessor.
The New Grand C4 Picasso is able to deliver sub-100g/km CO2 emissions. The new model’s performance is further refined with the new 6-speed clutchless manual gearbox – ETG6 (6-speed Efficient Tronic Gearbox) – available with e-HDi 90 and e-HDi 115 versions. With the ETG6 ‘box, drivers can switch from manual to automatic mode at any time, depending on their requirements and the driving environment.
The e-HDi 90 Airdream engine, with the ETG6, emits just 98 g/km with a combined fuel consumption of 74.3mpg – a record in the class.
At the heart of the range, the e-HDi 115 ETG6 can emit just 104g/km of CO2 emissions (105g/km for the manual version) with a combined fuel economy of 70.6mpg.
The New Grand C4 Picasso model is also available with the new Euro 6 compliant BlueHDi engine fitted with Citroën’s innovative Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system – the only technology able to sharply reduce NOx emissions (by 90%), whilst also cutting CO2 emissions. The BlueHDi 150 manual unit in Exclusive trim emits just 110g/km of CO2 emissions (manual) and 117g/km of CO2 for the automatic version.
All diesel-powered New Grand C4 Picasso models are fitted with Stop & Start technology, as standard.
A high level of equipment ensures optimum safety and well-being for occupants of all ages. As with the five-seat New C4 Picasso, the New Grand C4 Picasso has been awarded a five-star EuroNCAP safety rating.
The New Grand C4 Picasso’s safety equipment includes;
- Radar guided active cruise control fitted in the front bumper, which maintains a constant distance to the vehicle in front & uses acceleration or engine braking to reduce or increase vehicle speed
- An anti-collision warning system that also uses the front radar to alert the driver when their vehicle is too close to the vehicle in front. The warning system functions from speeds of 30kph (18mph) with three alert systems depending on the risk; visual, sound & seatbelt vibration
- A video lane departure warning system (LDWS) that vibrates the driver’s seatbelt if the car drifts out of a lane without indicating
- Active seatbelts for the driver & front passenger, which automatically pull tight in the event of danger
- Intelligent beam headlights (auto dip/full beam)
- Ultrasonic blind spot monitoring system with door mirror LED warning lights
- Driver & front passenger airbags, front lateral & curtain airbags (including row two)
- Isofix anchor points on all row two seats for the secure fitment of up to three child seats.
PRICES & AVAILABILITY
Now on sale in the UK, New Grand C4 Picasso is available in four trim levels – VTR, VTR+, Exclusive & Exclusive+. Priced £1,700 higher than an equivalent five-seat New C4 Picasso, ownership starts at £19,200 for the VTi 120 manual VTR, rising to £27,855 for the BlueHDi 150 automatic Exclusive+.
With an anticipated 90% diesel/10% petrol mix, the top-selling model is expected to be the e-HDi 115 Airdream manual VTR+. The sales split is forecast to be approximately 25% retail, 75% fleet/business.
A generously specified model across all trim levels, standard equipment includes;
- 16-inch ‘Viper’ alloy wheels (set of four)
- Panoramic windscreen with sliding interior sun blinds
- Twin optic headlamps
- Daytime-running LEDs
- Two-tone soft touch upper dashboard
- Height & tilt-adjustable driver’s seat
- 3 separate full size rear seats with adjustable recline angle
- Individual fold flat rear seats with retractable rear head restraints
- Fold out flat load cover panel (bridges gap between folded seat & boot floor)
- Illuminated glove box & central storage compartment
- 7-inch Touch Drive interface (used to control all vehicle functions)
- Air conditioning
- Front & rear electric windows with anti-pinch & one-touch operation
- Gear Efficiency Indicator (GEI)
- Compressor with puncture repair kit
- ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) & Emergency Braking Assistance (EBA)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with traction control
- Automatic electronic parking brake & Hill Start Assist function
- Driver’s & front passenger’s airbags with cut-off device
- Front lateral & curtain airbags (including row two)
- Programmable cruise control with speed limiter
- Automatic door & boot locking (when vehicle in motion & unlocking in case of impact)
- Anti-theft immobiliser
- Electronic child lock control & indicator
- Variable assistance electric power steering
- Engine start button
- 12 volt accessory power socket in central storage cubby with additional 12 volt sockets in row two & boot
- 6 speaker stereo with USB & Bluetooth® connectivity & steering wheel controls
- Electrically heated & folding body colour door mirrors with LED indicators
- Automatic activation of lights & windscreen wipers
- Front fog lights
- Height & tilt adjustable, flat folding front passenger’s seat
- Adjustable armrests for driver’s & front passenger’s seats
- Drawer under driver’s & front passenger’s seats
- Fold-down aircraft style tray tables (integrated in to back of front seats)
- Rear under floor storage (row two)
- Rear parking sensors
- Air vents for row two passengers with fan speed adjustment
- Automatic digital air conditioning with dual zone temperature setting
- DAB digital radio
- 17-inch ‘Boa’ alloy wheels (set of four)
- LED front & door mirror indicators
- Graphite grey side profile with integrated roof bars
- ‘Exclusive’ external badging
- Fog lights with cornering function
- Aluminium dashboard trim & air vent surrounds
- Stitched high-quality leather steering wheel with satin chrome inserts & four control zones
- eMyWay satellite navigation with additional USB socket
- Reversing camera (displayed on upper 12-inch HD screen)
- Perimetric & volumetric anti-theft alarm
- Removable & rechargeable boot light/torch
- 12-inch panoramic HD display
- Keyless entry & start
- Kids Pack – integrated retractable rear side window sun blinds & rear seat conversation mirror
- 18-inch ‘Python’ alloy wheels (set of four) (excludes e-HDi 115 versions)
- 17-inch ‘Boa’ alloy wheels (set of four) (e-HDi 115 versions only)
- Panoramic sunroof (with dark tinted glass & electric sliding blind)
- Dark tinted windows
- LED 3D effect rear lights
- Reverse-dipping door mirrors with LED indicators
- Aluminium front & rear sill scuff protectors
- Integrated dashboard scented air freshener
- Luxury velour carpet mats
- Slate grey leather with black ‘Ondulice’ cloth interior trim
- Automatic dimming electrochrome interior rear view mirror
- Driver’s seat: electric massage function with adjustable lumbar support
- Front passenger’s seat with massage function & electric footrest
- Extra support head rests
- Active radar guided cruise control with collision alert
- Active seatbelt safety system
- Blind spot monitoring system
- Park Assist with front parking sensors
- Row three ceiling mounted air vents with fan speed adjustment
- Reading spot light for rear aircraft style tray tables
- Motorised rear tailgate (with programmable opening height memory)
INSURANCE GROUP RATINGS
New Grand C4 Picasso is offered with competitive insurance ratings from as low as 13E for the VTi 120 Manual VTR. The rating for each model is shown below;