Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Volvo aims for 1 million car sales

Volvo Cars targets annual sales of more than 1 million vehicles in the long term, co-owner and chairman Li Shufu told a Swedish newspaper.
Volvo, bought by China's Zhejiang Geely Holding Group from Ford Motor in 2010, aims for annual sales of 800,000 cars by 2020, almost double the level last year, helped primarily by growth in China. 

"The long-term target beyond 2020 is above a million cars," Shufu was quoted a saying in an interview in Brussels with Swedish business daily Dagens Industri published today.
Shufu reiterated Volvo's 8 percent operating margin goal, from 1.6 percent in 2013. 

He also said the carmaker's strategy was in place and that future top-level discussions would focus on "fine tuning."
Volvo reported operating profit of 1.92 billion crowns ($296 million) last year from 66 million in 2012, thanks to stronger sales and cost management.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.