Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Monday 17 November 2014

UK RECALL - '2 - FORD - Possible Risk Of Fire.

Vehicle Details
Reference :R/2014/102
Manufacturer Ref :4C564 
Make:FORD
Model :Fiesta (Stage 5 Diesel)
Launch Date :05/11/2014
Numbers Involved :41546
Build Start Date :01/01/2010
Build End Date :31/12/2011 
Recall Details
Concern :POSSIBLE RISK OF FIRE
Description :On affected vehicles, the diesel engine Glow Plug Control Module can be affected by wet conditions. The GPCM is not waterproof and water ingress into the module may cause overheating with the potential to result in a fire. As the GPCM has a permanent electrical live feed there is also a potential risk of an unattended vehicle fire.
Remedial Action :Replace existing module with waterproof version
Vehicle Id :WF0GXXGAJG9D14148 to WF0RXXGAJRCB15566

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.