Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Saturday 21 May 2016

HONEST JOHN AWARDS - The Volkswagen T6 Transporter takes the most popular van award.

• Transporter adds to prestigious collection of accolades at 2016 Honest John awards
  • Latest generation of Volkswagen’s iconic Transporter scoops ‘Most Popular Van’ award
  • Website user reviews and frequency of user search for the T6 key to coveted award win
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles’ latest generation Transporter has scooped yet another accolade, being named ‘Most Popular Van’ at this year’s Honest John awards.
With the award coming from the users of the honestjohn.co.uk website, this represents a significant endorsement for the T6. The Honest John awards recognise and reward the vehicles which obtain the best reviews and highest levels of user search on the website – www.honestjohn.co.uk – which receives three million visits every month.

The sixth-generation Transporter was selected as the outright winner in the ‘Most Popular Van’ category ahead of four other shortlisted commercial vehicles. The van builds on an illustrious heritage to offer a broad range of bodystyles that appeals to a wide audience, as well as class-leading comfort, convenience and safety features and driveability.
Dan Harrison, editor of honestjohn.co.uk explains: “Understanding the appeal of the new Transporter isn’t difficult. The new T6 from Volkswagen is cheap to run, practical and built for hard work. As a result it has become the benchmark for all medium panel vans. Hardly surprising then that it’s loved by everyone from delivery drivers and builders to surfers and campers.”
The Transporter offers two wheelbase options and no less than three roof heights plus a wide choice of load volumes and payloads to cater for any lifestyle or business need. This iconic model is also available with a range of smooth and economical 2.0-litre engines, manual and DSG automated transmissions and two- and four-wheel drive options. In addition the T6 also comes with an extensive range of safety features, including Driver Alert System and Automatic Post Collision Braking system as standard, plus optional Adaptive Cruise Control, City Emergency Braking System and High Beam Assist.
Commenting on the award win, Carl zu Dohna, Director of Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, said: “Since it arrived in the UK in September last year, the Transporter has impressed judging panels and experts across the industry, but the Honest John accolade brings an exciting new dimension to our collection of awards because it comes from our most important critics, van buyers.
“Volkswagen is committed to evolving its vehicles continually to maintain its industry leading standards and we are therefore delighted to have received such an overwhelming response to the Transporter T6 from drivers across the UK.”
The ‘Most Popular Van’ accolade joins a number of impressive awards won by the Transporter, including ‘International Van of the Year’, Van A2Z’s ‘Van of the Year’ and ‘Best Medium Van’, Van Fleet World ‘Best New Van’, and Trade Van Driver’s ‘Best Medium Van’ and ‘Van of the Year’ trophies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.