Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Thursday 19 May 2016

USA RECALL - Subaru issues a stop sale order and asks owners to NOT use their 2016-2017 Legacy & Outback.

Subaru of America is recalling 48,500 new U.S. vehicles because of a potential steering issue and warned owners not to drive them until they are inspected and repaired if needed.
The unit of Fuji Heavy Industries Inc. said the recall covers the 2016-17 Legacy and Outback. Dealers will inspect and if necessary replace the steering column.

The recall covers vehicles of the two models built from Feb. 29 to May 6.
Subaru said the steering column in the recalls may have been improperly built and turning the steering wheel may have no effect on the direction of the wheels.
There were no reports of injuries or crashes related to the defect in a notice filed with the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration posted Thursday.
Subaru launched a stop sale on the vehicles on May 9 after a customer reported an issue with an Outback on May 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.