Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Goodwood Hill Climb - Track Guide by David Coulthard


Equipped with a 631 hp SLS AMG Black Series, David Coulthard presents a guide to the 1.16-mile Goodwood Hill ahead of the 2014 running of the Festival of Speed, which starts this Thursday.
Nick Heidfeld still holds the course record, set in 1999, blasting up the Hill in just 41.6-seconds.
TMW THOUGHTS
With the track open to the public, via bookings with attending manufacturers on the first day, the Moving Motorshow has become, in such a very short time, one of the major highlights of Goodwood, being able to take a car on the track and give it some beans, is a very special occasion, I know, I  was invited by Jaguar, to take the, newly launched, XJL, up the track in the first year, the MMS was launched.


It was amazing, to following some of the worlds greatest drivers, riders and celebrities, on the now world famous hill climb, I have the video of my drive, and so many great memories, it was a shame then that later in the day, there was an incident in the MMS operations, which resulted in significant damage of the earliest known example of the E-Type in existence, that car, is now back to full restoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.