Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Tuesday 24 June 2014

USA - Recall #7 - 2014 Kia Cadenza, possible fracture of wheels in poor road conditions.

SUMMARY:
Kia Motors Corporation (Kia) is recalling certain model year 2014 Cadenza vehicles manufactured February 1, 2013, through August 27, 2013, and equipped with 19" non-chrome aluminum wheels. The wheels on the affected vehicles may fracture from impacts such as large, deep potholes.
CONSEQUENCE:
A wheel fracture could cause the circular rim to separate, resulting in a loss of tire pressure, increasing the risk of a crash.
REMEDY:
Kia will notify owners, and dealers will replace the wheels with new wheels, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in June 2014. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC107.
NOTES:
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.