Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Thursday 26 March 2015

New Kent MG dealer has exceeded targets before official opening.

It’s triple celebration time this weekend as Maidstone MG toasts the dealership’s official opening.
Extensive refurbishments of the showroom in Sutton Road, Parkwood, have been completed in time for this weekend’s major opening event. In fact so many guests want to come along that the celebrations have had to be spread over three days from Friday to Sunday!

Celebration number two will be the display of the all-new MG Pirtek racing car replica as part of Maidstone MG’s special weekend. The car is fully dressed in the racing livery of the new team car, which will be fighting for honours in the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship. The 2015 season starts on April 4/5 and MG are hoping to successfully defend the Manufacturers title which they won last year.
But Maidstone MG’s Director of Operations, Bala Waran, says that the third celebration is closest to his heart. He explained: “When we started trading a few months back I set a target of 50 sales by the time the official opening came around.
“But I’m delighted to say that we have sold more than 60 new MGs and the interest from customers is growing every day. With the NEW MG6 just around the corner, things are looking pretty good for MG and for us.
“Joining the MG franchise was a great decision for us, so I think we deserve this triple celebration.”
Maidstone MG is run by the F.G. Barnes and Sons group, one of the region’s best-known family firms which operates seven automotive sites across Surrey and Kent.
The Parkwood site covers more than three acres and employs 50 people.
F.G. Barnes started in 1899 and the third generation of the family now run the business. It has a turnover of more than £60-million and is in the Motor Trader Top 200 list of automotive companies. The company employs more than 200 people.
Bala, who has worked in the industry for more than 30 years, said: “I remember lusting after an MGB GT when I was young, but I was always too tall for the car.
“It’s a different story with the much more spacious MG6 and MG3 models, which I am really impressed with. These cars offer so much value-for-money, driving quality and character.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.