Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Sunday 1 June 2014

Nissan to recall Rogue models due to possible failure of the steering.

At the tail end of April, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced a recall on select 2014 Nissan Rogue models with a manufacturing date between January 10, 2014 and January 17, 2014. 

The affected vehicles may have loose steering bolts. During that short time period, there are just under 1,650 units that may have been compromised in the production process. An incorrect bolt may have been used to connect the intermediate shaft to the upper steering assembly.



If the bolts were to loosen and fall out, the driver may lose control of the vehicle, increasing the chances of an accident. Nissan will personally notify all owners and have dealers inspect and repair all affected vehicles at no cost to the owner. 


The recall should begin at the end of June, but customers may contact Nissan directly at (800) 647-7261, or the NHTSA Vehicle Safety Hotline at (888) 327-4236, or online at www.safercar.gov.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.