Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Thursday 18 September 2014

UK RECALL #1 - Smart recalls 16830 units for risk of fire.

Vehicle Details
Reference :R/2014/094
Manufacturer Ref :SRS1400 
Make:MERCEDES BENZ
Model :SMART FORTWO 451
Launch Date :11/09/2014
Numbers Involved :16830
Build Start Date :01/08/2010
Build End Date :30/06/2014 
Recall Details
Concern :RISK OF FIRE
Description :On petrol engine versions of the 451 series Fortwo models, it is possible that a short circuit can occur in the electronic heater shutoff valve as a result of extended wear. In extreme cases, this could result in an overheating situation in the electronic heater shutoff valve. This could ultimately result in a vehicle fire.
Remedial Action :Recall all affected vehicles to rework the electrical wear for the electronic heater shutoff valve.
Vehicle Id :WME4513322K419029 to WME4514802K802780

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.