Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Sunday 14 September 2014

USA RECALL #6 -Ford recalls 508 cars for incorrect steering gears assembly.

SUMMARY:
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2014 Focus and C-Max vehicles manufactured August 8, 2014, to August 15, 2014. The affected vehicles may have steering gears that were incorrectly assembled.
CONSEQUENCE:
The incorrectly manufactured steering gears may cause impaired steering, including the loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash.
REMEDY:
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering gears, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on September 8, 2014. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 14S18.
NOTES:
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.