My thoughts on all things motoring, press releases, reviews & techie stuff, from around the world.
Please note that the pictures of vehicles within this blog are used as examples of the specific press releases, on occasions, due to the lack of available official pictures, examples are re-produced.
ANY AND ALL PROFANITIES WILL BE REMOVED AND THE PERSON/S RESPONSIBLE WILL BE BANNED, NO EXCEPTIONS.
I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.
Tuesday, 23 August 2016
Ford and it's Mustang GT, leads the 250PS Sports Car segment, by some margin in the January-July time frame.
The Ford Mustang is UK’s most popular high-performance sports coupe, ahead of competitors from Porsche, BMW, Jaguar and Mercedes. Figures for sports cars with 250PS or more put the Mustang at the front of the pack from January to July 2016.
Since Ford started taking orders in January 2015, the Ford Mustang has topped 4,000 sales to date, with total 2016 registrations at 2,317, so far. This puts the Mustang comfortably at the top of the table against rivals, the closest being the Jaguar F-Type with 1,446.
Top 10 250PS+ Performance Vehicles (YTD July 2016) –
Ford Mustang (2,317)
Jaguar F-Type (1,446)
BMW 6 Series (1,367)
Porsche 911 (1,315)
Porsche Cayman (787)
Audi TT (778)
Porsche Boxster (526)
Mercedes SL (489)
Porsche 718 (482)
BMW i8 (382)
The current split in sales across models shows that 70 per cent of customers specified the 5.0-litre V8 engine, with the remaining 30 per cent favouring the 2.3-litre EcoBoost. Total customer orders for the Ford Mustang in Europe now stand at more than 19,500 since the car was launched in the third quarter of 2015.
Since June this year, all Mustang models have been fitted sophisticated SYNC 3 infotainment system as standard, offering a redesigned eight-inch touchscreen and faster performance, and the ability for drivers to control their connected smartphones, audio, navigation, and climate functions with more conversational voice commands.
In addition, the new Ford Mustang is available to order with three new colour options – Grabber Blue, Lightning Blue and White Platinum.
The Mustang’s popular European introduction is another page in the exciting Ford Performance story, which continues with the success of ST, Fiesta ST200, Focus RS and GT. More than 6,500 enthusiasts applied to buy the all-new Ford GT in just one month – with over 500 from the UK alone.
The Ford Mustang is available from the 75 FordStore locations across the UK, and via the fully customisable online configurator - http://www.ford.co.uk/