My thoughts on all things motoring, press releases, reviews & techie stuff, from around the world.
Please note that the pictures of vehicles within this blog are used as examples of the specific press releases, on occasions, due to the lack of available official pictures, examples are re-produced.
ANY AND ALL PROFANITIES WILL BE REMOVED AND THE PERSON/S RESPONSIBLE WILL BE BANNED, NO EXCEPTIONS.
I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.
Wednesday, 9 November 2016
Vauxhall Motors are looking forward to 2017 with a host of replacements and all new cars to complement its current range.
Five important model launches in 2017 bring further diversity and appeal to range
Vauxhall is set for a ground-breaking 2017, with a total of five major product launches that will add further variety to its range – already one of the largest in the UK – while at the same time entering new market segments.
Crucially, as well as the introduction of range-building derivatives, Vauxhall will bolster its credentials by offering a compelling alternative to ‘premium’ models in the D-sector with the all new Insignia Grand Sport, while also growing volume still further in the SUV/crossover class with not one, but two new models.
‘2017 will be a landmark year for Vauxhall,’ said Rory Harvey, Chairman and Managing Director. ‘Our portfolio will grow, for sure, but it’s the quality and innovation which underpins our new products that will surprise customers.
The Insignia Grand Sport will force buyers to reassess how they perceive our brand, and later in the year our two crossover offerings will bring Vauxhall to, in many cases, completely new sets of buyers.’
Vauxhall’s Five Stars of 2017:
1. The new Insignia Grand Sport will be the new flagship product of Vauxhall’s range. Despite being a large and practical five-door hatchback, it will have a coupe-like silhouette, huge driver appeal and a class-leading all-wheel-drive system. Existing model still leads the mainstream D-sector in the UK, but Grand Sport is set to challenge premium rivals.
2. Hot on its heels will be the new Insignia Sports Tourer, taking many of its design cues from the 2013’s visionary Monza Concept. Compared with the existing model, interior space has increased significantly, especially in the rear cabin and luggage area, but not at the expense of its design, which is lithe and rakish.
3. Completing the new Insignia range next year will be a Country Tourer model, complete with all-wheel-drive as standard and off-road looks. A genuine multi-task vehicle.
4. Vauxhall’s recently launched Mokka X will be joined by the new Crossland X at the start of next year. The exciting crossover will appeal to buyers with families who demand agility and convenience in urban driving, but with enough comfort and performance to cover long distances at the drop of a hat.
5. Completing Vauxhall’s SUV/crossover family in 2017 will be a new C-segment crossover, similar in size to the Astra and Zafira Tourer, and with an especially sporty design.