Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Wednesday 12 October 2016

UK SALES SEPT - Abarth sales in the UK means it sells more cars here than in any other country in the world.

The new Abarth 124 spider has helped Fiat Chrysler Automobiles’ high performance marque to power ahead in terms of UK sales, as today's new car registrations figures reveal.
The scorpion brand has posted its best month ever in the UK. In super September, Abarth sold 805 cars - up 14.02 per cent on the 706 sold in the same period last year.

Year-to-date, the brand's 3125 units was 54.02 per cent up on YTD 2015 (2029), as an increasing number of people become owners of cars from Abarth's stunning 595 and 695 ranges – including the incredible 190hp biposto Record – and the fabulous new 124 spider two-seater which, for 2016 only, will feature a unique numbered badge.
The result means the UK is now the number one country for Abarth sales, year to date ahead, even, of Italy.
Market share of 0.17 per cent for September was up from 0.15 per cent for the same period in 2016, according to figures supplied by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT).
"This year has been an excellent one for Abarth, with September being the pinnacle," says Gerry Southerington, Abarth brand manager. "The new 124 spider has clearly helped us to carry the momentum on, and we look forward to continued success as we close 2016.”
Among the delighted new owners helping to make September a success for Abarth is Bertie Bryant, of Ascot, Berkshire, who was the first person in the UK to take delivery of a 124 spider.
“I’m absolutely delighted with my new car,” says Bertie, founder of the Abarth Owners Club. “I had been looking forward to the launch of the 124 spider for some time, and now I have one of my own, it’s everything I was hoping for.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.